Thank you for choosing LaunchPAD Children's Museum for your upcoming field trip!
Field Trip Activity Packets
Before your class visits for their field trip, click the the link below to view the welcome packet.
LaunchPAD Children's Museum offer field trips for groups who are interested in learning through hands-on play and discovery! LaunchPAD's exhibits and activities focus largely on STEM principles - science, technology, engineering and math.
You can choose to have a field trip focused on exploration of the museum or, at no extra cost, have an enhanced field trip that features a pre-visit classroom activity and highlights a specific exhibit and an activity led by one of the museum’s Discover Guides.* After the activity is complete, children can use the rest of the time to explore the other museum exhibits.
If you are choosing an enhanced field trip, you must let LaunchPAD know at least two weeks before your visit to ensure that we have all necessary supplies. The pre-visit classroom activity should be completed before coming to the museum. The activity helps introduce the ideas and prepares the students for what they will be learning while at LaunchPAD.
Please read and print off the field trip information packet. In the packet, you will find letters for the leader, chaperones, and bus drivers along with the pre-visit classroom activity if you have selected a focused field trip. Please distribute the information to the appropriate individuals.
Booking a Field Trip at LaunchPAD:
- Must have a 1:4 ratio of adults to children. To meet this ratio, all teachers and chaperones are free.
- Cost is $6 per child. This is a discount from regular $8 pricing for schools in the region. (Family memberships do not apply towards field trips.) If cost is a concern, please ask about the Access Program when you call to schedule your field trip.
- Field trips can be scheduled Wednesday-Friday with some weekend spots available.
- Minimum of 10 students; maximum is 75 students. LaunchPAD reserves the right to limit the number of field trips and students per day.
- Plan to be here between 90 minutes to two hours.
- Visit our Exhibits page for more information on what the museum has to offer.
- At least two weeks before your field trip indicate to LaunchPAD staff if you would like a focused field trip or open exploration. If you do not indicate a specific activity, we will assume that you want an open exploration field trip.
- Please read through the welcome packet for your chosen field trip and familiarize yourself and your volunteers with the information. Please contact us with any questions.
- To schedule a field trip, please call 712-224-2542 or email email@example.com.
*Enhanced field trips are available on a first come first serve basis and limited to groups of 50 or less.